A woman brings her parrot to the vet. The parrot is stiff and lifeless.<br>I'm sorry ma'am, but this parrot is dead"<br>How can you tell so quickly?" replies the woman, "Isn't there a way to be absolutely certain?"<br>So, the vet whistles and a beautiful black Labrador Retriever walks in the examining room. The Lab sniffs around the parrot for a few moments, then looks at the vet and, with sad eyes and shakes his head.<br>A dog shakes its head and I'm supposed to believe that?!" cries the woman. "You're going to have to do more to prove that my poor parrot is dead!"<br>So the vet leaves momentarily, comes back with a cat and puts it on the table beside the parrot. The cat looks closely at the parrot, walks around it, prods it a bit, then shakes his head and jumps off the table.<br>Finally, the woman seems convinced. As she turns for the door, the vet announces that she owes him $500.<br>"$500?!," the woman asks. "How in the world could it be that much just to tell me my parrot is dead?"<br>Well, it would have been a lot cheaper, but with that lab report and cat scan..."<br><br><br><br>