<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Sarcasm?<p><hr></blockquote><p><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> Oh wait a minute! You're educating us. And here I though I smelled one of those agenda-thingies. Silly me. <p><hr></blockquote><p>who is condoning the actions of the insurgents and terrorists? terrorism is always wrong and i don't even try to compare our actions with theirs. i don't think the U.S. is evil, but i also think that our "go it nearly alone" and "bring em on" actions are pretty easy to have interpreted as evil by people in the middle east, which is crummy when we're trying to win hearts and minds. i want us to succeed and i want to see iraq turn out as an ally instead of as a friend of iran (though, this doesn't bode well given the guy who is likely to be the next prime minister of iraq) . . . in any regard, i don't see anyone defend the terrorism around here. <br><br>i think we'll see republicans and democrats support the efforts in iraq from this point forward. of course we all want success in iraq, but that doesn't mean that we won't speak out against those actions that can hamper our efforts at success.<br><br>--<br>Straw-man rhetorical techniques are the practice of refuting weaker arguments than one's opponents offer. 2 "set up a straw man" or "set up a straw-man argument" is 2 create a position easily refuted, then attribute that position to your opponent.