that's an interesting take. "And despite the distortion and manipulation and manufacturing of facts, Cheney presented them articulately and *ugh* almost believably." amazing that the truth can seemingly be overlooked if it's presented articulately and "almost" believably to the point where cheney can "win" despite the facts. i thought cheney was monotonous and hunched over a bit, but i thought he acted like he had a command of the facts. i suppose it's true that perceptions are more truth than truth at times, and this is probably one of those times. cheney was misrepresenting the truth and i think being accountable for lies should be more at the forefront for all politicians. karl rove knows better than anyone that lying at first will stick with many people ("this is the first time i've met you senator" -- that'll stick even though people find out it's a lie; though, the image below helps edwards' claims that cheney lies). if you are corrected later on, many of the people who heard the initial lie will never hear the correction -- the lie resonates. lie, lie, lie. and, in fact cheney was lying and misrepresenting figures and the truth: factcheck (.org -- not .com as cheney implied)<br>of course, they both had their moments of making things up or twisting the facts, but you can read from the link and see how much more space is spent on cheney. <br><br>dubya should turn in a much better showing this friday. they say he's a man of the people and he'll be with the people. kerry is too stately to look comfy in that atmosphere. dubya should walk all over kerry this friday.<br><br><br><br>--<br>one of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sean on 10/06/04 08:26 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>