The problem comes from the non-media, non-design types (i.e. managers) who just think, "Hey, you can get Photoshop/Freehand/Premiere/etc for Windows now, so why do these people REALLY need a Mac anymore?" - and immediately ignore anything about TCO, cross-media colour integrity, output quality/compatibility (good point ibookguy!) and just plain usability. Subjectively, media apps grew up on the Mac, they know how to get the most out of it. Even the M$ Office stuff *feels* better in Mac Edition. Objectively, it really is cheaper and more efficient to run a Mac, especially for graphics/media work, and ColorSync is "the way to go".<br><br>All that aside, you CAN live with doing it all on a wintel, but you get the drawbacks above as well as simply having to fight with Windows (insert year model here) instead of just getting on with your work. The Mac is very cross-platform by now - look at technologies like Disc Burner and DAVE for example. And if the manager still isn't sure, just curl up in a fetal position in their office murmuring, "Need my Mac... Need my Mac... Need my Mac..."<br><br>My father has been a graphic design artist and team manager for over 20 years, and was very anti-computer-of-any-kind... but the last 5 or 6 years, you couldn't keep him off his Mac. That's a reaction working on a wintel box can never give you!<br><br>