ok, so you complain that a speed boost wouldn't be enough to boost sales?<br><br>What would an expensive LCD model do? would it boost sales, or steer people more towards a $400 PC?<br><br>How about a really cheap iMac with a regular CRT, and a few G4 models at the same price points with faster chips, bigger HD's etc.?<br><br>come on... if they can't build an LCD iMac for less than $1000, then it's not going to increase sales... They have to have something under $1000 to increase market share among consumers, as it's going to take a long time for Apple to win any meanigful business accounts, where companies buy a lot of machines cheaply anyways... and they can leverage their licensing plans with MS for Office against the Mac's obvious advantages.<br><br>so, look for a cheaper iMac at the low end and a more powerful one at the high end.<br><br>(still using my bondi i bought on August 15th 1998, and waiting for a second one at $500 anyday now)<br><br>John<br><br>***<br>"Dying isn't hard for men like us, when every everything around you has been butchered or slaughtered .. living is what's hard."<br> --Clint Eastwood to Chief Ten Bears in The Outlaw Josey Wales<br>