<br>I just got off the phone with Lena, Mike's wife, and I asked her if it would be ok to post something here updating you all on Mike's condition. She said it would be fine.<br><br>I'm not sure who all knows, but Mike was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last April. He had an operation and some treatment. Well, unknown to them, the cancer spread to his liver. By the time they discovered it, the tumors were rather large.<br><br>They decided to operate but it was too late. They had to put in a feeding tube last month after the operation because Mike couldn't swallow anything. Mike was discharged and hospice came to his house to assist. Mike slipped into a coma the other day and apparently has some infections. Doctors say Mike could go in one day or 10 days. <br><br>I first heard about the cancer in the early part of June. Mike and I corresponded via PM here since he told me about it. Lately the PM's had gotten fewer from him...and I kept sending more, thinking it was the chemo keeping him down and that he would be back. Unfortunately, he won't. <br><br>He kept an online blog about his condition, it's here. I post it now so that we can remember Mike. <br><br>Even though Mike and I butted heads at first, we developed an online friendship as time went on. He is one guy I really considered a friend here. I'm sad that I never got to meet him in person like I had hoped to one day.<br><br>Please keep Mike and his wife Lena in your prayers/thoughts. I'm sure Lena is going through a really tough time right now. I'll try to get an address (unless someone else has it) so we can send cards/flowers/etc if you want.<br><br>"You mean they're taking the thoughts we think we thought and making them thoughts we think we thought... I think." - Patrick <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by JohnR on 08/03/04 08:34 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>