hey there moof... good to see you on these boards...<br><br>Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree on the suggestion on buying a true power converter for the car. It's usually a little bulkier than the customized adapter, but at the same time, it has so many uses, and once you get the battery for your portable computer charged up, you can then start charging all of your other peripherals (digital camera, camcorder, MP3 player, etc...) and eventually plug the computer back in. It will make your life much easier on those long trips, and can be left in the trunk of the vehicle for that day that you didn't know you were going to need it.<br><br>Also, they can be bought pretty cheaply depending on the manufacturer, retailer, season and sales... I think I got mine for about $40 and it works perfectly.<br><br><br><br>***<br>"Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged." --Ronald Reagan