<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>okay, change my story above to the most basic model and i'll buy 2 256 modules of ram and replace the 64 module that comes with it. <p><hr></blockquote><p>Sorry but no can do Sean. According to Apple's tech specs on the iBook...<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>64MB of PC100 SDRAM, expandable to 576MB; or 128MB of PC100 SDRAM expandable to 640MB; single 1.25-inch standard SO-DIMM slot supports up to 512MB SO-DIMM<p><hr></blockquote><p>...you will only be able to add one more RAM module to your iBook (the pre-installed RAM is soldered to the baby). If that's the case, you will have to decide if it's worth the extra $200+ to get the DVD and the extra 64Mb RAM. I tend to agree with OSXaddict but in this case you could look at the possibility that DVD may be used for other purposes. For example if you were to end up getting a SuperDrive with your G4 Desktop, you could prepare DVD presentations for use on your seminars and such. Just something to consider. <br><br><br><br><br>