I recently bought the DVD of Easy Rider and hearing Hopper and Fonda's commentary is great. There is a terrific documentary on the making of the movie too.<br><br>The soundtrack was music from Fonda and Hopper's personal collection. They just added it until they could get a "real" soundtrack made. Fonda was going to get CSN&Y to do it. When the band saw the movie with the "place holder" soundtrack, Stephen Stills said they couldn't improve on it so it stayed as is. It was the first really great rock soundtrack album. Another fav on that album is The Byrd's "I Wasn't Born to Follow".<br><br>First time I saw the movie (early 70s) I dropped acid (orange microdot) with some friends. I saw it at the historic Granada Theater in Dallas, one of those beautiful old 1930s Art Deco theaters. People were torching up joints and passing it around right in the theater, it was far out man, lol! It left quite an impression on me.<br><br>Back to the Hendrix thread: Band of Gypsy's is one of the greatest albums of all time!<br><br>[color:green]John and I literally used to sit down and say, 'Now, let's write a swimming pool.'" -Paul McCartney</font color=green>