The iBook sports a brilliant TFT XGA active-matrix display with 1024-by-768 pixel resolution (borrowed from apple).<br><br>i read the datasheet that you can get from apple on ibooks, but was unable to find my answer. my question...if i buy a 19" monitor to use at home with my ibook, am i limited to the 1024 x 768 that the ibook screen is limited to also? i would like to use my current 1152 x 870 or, potentially, 1280 x 1024. am i out of luck? <br><br>i am also planning on using a external keyboard and an external mouse. heck, i'll probably get an external firewire hd, too. i merely need a laptop because i give a lot of presentations to school districts and various national conferences, etc.<br><br>oh, another question...if i use an external monitor, does the image still appear on the ibook? i would rather the ibook's screen gets to rest as i will use it up to 10 hours a day and won't need the machines monitor if i am viewing the external monitor. <br><br>TIA to anyone who has a current ibook and can answer these questions.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>