Man, that would be great. The speed race is tight right now with the dual 2GHz G5 and Opteron/Xeon/Pentium systems. <br><br>Although we all know benchmarks can be very biased and its difficult to compare between platforms (especially when the speeds are very close), another 500MHz (plus motherboard tweaks, increased system bus, possibly faster RAM, software/system more optimized for G5, etc.) could really put them on top this time. Then when the competition starts to catch up later in the year -BAM! Dual 3 GHz (possibly 980s with bus speeds equal to processor speed).<br><br>It seems more expected than a rumor though, right? I mean it will have been more than six months since the debut at 2GHz and even sad old Motorla could squeak out a few hundred MHz in that amount of time. I think expectations for IBM are much higher. Even without this rumor, after what Jobs said at WWDC there had better be a significant winter upgrade.<br><br> Just as a side note while thinking about my 6 week old computer becoming known as "Rev A 2GHz", I'm actually a little surprised at the lack of bugs with my G5. I've put it through everything I can think of, and even running a new operating system I can't think of a single thing wrong with it, and I'm trying to be critical! <br><br>My point is only that I think Apple has such a solid winner here, and its obvious they have worked very hard on it too. I hope it pays off by keeping/capturing some of the professional market, because I certainly won't be needing another one anytime soon! <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Trog on 11/12/03 06:44 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>