Can someone tell me what these "applications" do?<br><br>-configd<br>-slpd<br>-host<br><br>The reason I ask is that the network whistleblower application 'Lil Snitch' constantly asks if I want to give permission to these applications to connect to "server". It varies constantly. Sometimes it is a server associated with my ISP, sometimes it will be 0.0.0.1 or something like that, and it can be TCP or UDP. I can easily assign a rule to allow it permanent permission, but I'm curious.<br><br>This question was raised before and I think nutty had something to say about what they were (sorry, can't remember), but the weird thing is that it makes no noticeable difference whether I let them do what they want or I deny them permission to do anything. I notice no change in my network permissions.<br><br>Also, since Lil Snitch has many default rules in place for OSX's applications (e.g. Safari, Explorer on TCP80, Quicktime TCP80, TCP554(rtsp), etc.) why wouldn't they include these system apps if they are needed for something important? I suppose I could ask them.<br><br>