Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Stan's Lounge Jump to new posts
Re: "This Forum is Dying" Reboot 8 hours ago
Originally Posted by Papa
I am not on Facebook but I might join if someone would send me an invitation to the group. If anyone is interested in me joining, that is.

We would love to have you of course. They let me in so the requirements are slim.

I will email you at your mac.com address.
23 836 Read More
Re: Goodbye? bird 08/08/20 08:06 PM
Hey kittycat man smile
I took my self out of the action here things just were getting too intense for me....the bickering and suttle jabs made me stop laying eggs and my feathers were starting to fall out blush lol....so it was MIA for me. Just wanted to say thanks for all your help over the years you were always
a help for all of us who had no idea what we were doing....so belated thanks my friend. Glad I got to say how much I will miss the folks I have been blessed to share the fun times and sad times with....
so before they shut and lock the doors and bar the windows

thank you and everyone for all the years we have spent together

your down on the farm, critter loving friend, bird/Candy smile
5 165 Read More
Re: Goodbye? bird 08/08/20 07:13 PM
Hello hello my dear sunshine friend grin
I'm sorry you and yours are having such sh/////ty times, I know that feeling we've been hitting a few pot holes
on this road of life too...if it ain't one damn thing its another crazy My daughter is living
in your neck of the woods St pete now. her dad ..and my faithful ex...we actually still care about each other lol has been battling bladder cancer
and is going thru chemo and radiation so she does the driving to and from 5 days a week, all masked up and doing the
sanitizing dance the whole way....glad I got to say good bye before this eviction from our long time little nook on the web
but it's been a true blessing to share my years here with such great folks......
I can remember when your granddaughter was born ,,,,seems like yesterday smile like I said good memories.kiddo good memories !!

and me well
Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did [ yeah I'm stretching the truth ..just a tad ]
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time smile

keep the faith kiddo, bird
5 165 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" Papa 08/08/20 04:24 AM
I am not on Facebook but I might join if someone would send me an invitation to the group. If anyone is interested in me joining, that is.
23 836 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" Lea 07/31/20 03:13 PM

Adios, Sweet Amigos.

AllMyLoveLea
23 836 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" AusMac 07/30/20 05:16 AM
It is unlikely that I'll ever join facebook.
So it is goodbye from me and goodbye from him.
23 836 Read More
Re: Goodbye? Reboot 07/29/20 12:01 PM
No oneĎs heard from Bird in a long time. I asked Celandine and she hasnít heard from her in ages either.
5 165 Read More
Re: Goodbye? MacBozo 07/28/20 11:41 PM
Thanks! Hopefully within the next year.
5 165 Read More
Re: Goodbye? Biggerfoot 07/28/20 01:26 PM
Sorry to hear about all of the challenges. Hopefully, retirement will be on the horizon.
5 165 Read More
Goodbye? MacBozo 07/27/20 09:44 PM
It's been a long, strange, ride.

As some of you may know, the last 4+ years have been absolutely nuts for me. I'm still working full time while approaching 70 this coming November, and that doesn't look like that will change any time soon. My granddaughter has been living with us since the spring of 2016 and we've been her primary support since. Her mom has been a raging alcoholic for most of that time - been arrested and jailed 3 times. Still on probation from the last time. She's also living here since she'd be homeless if she weren't. She's still drinking, but not as much the last few weeks. That could change at a moment's notice though. Oh! My granddaughter is a senior this year! My wife had 3 cervicals replaced in her neck in June. She's recovering from that while waiting to have her lower back done. Elective surgery has been suspended due to the spike in Covid-19 cases here in Florida. She hasn't been to work since March. Luckily, She has long term disability and good health insurance. The long term disability won't last forever, and neither will her job position be held for her at the hospital. I may never get to retire at this rate. Now you know why I haven't been here very much. I have been active on Facebook and Twitter. There is a group of us hanging out on FB.

Anyway, you can find me on FB, or you're more than welcome to email me at michaeladams2@icloud.com.

Is Bird still around?

Stay safe. Stay healthy. I miss you all.
5 165 Read More
Re: Anybody Else Here? MacBozo 07/27/20 09:20 PM
Hey!
3 201 Read More
Been A Lot Of Fun Pirate 07/25/20 01:39 PM
got involved with great bunch of folks here over 20 years ago, been fun, miss everybody.....ok tell me..just who was the sock puppet Happy Hippy
0 51 Read More
Re: Anybody Else Here? 07/24/20 06:34 PM

The Minstrels

- Fraggle Rock - The Jim Henson Company

GOODBYE
3 201 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" Reboot 07/23/20 07:06 PM
Itís a private group, someone has to send you an invitation. Did you get my email? I used the M********7 at gmail
23 836 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" Mac007 07/20/20 12:58 AM
What's the name of the Facebook group so I can check it out. Thanks.
23 836 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" Biggerfoot 07/18/20 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by Reboot
Originally Posted by Biggerfoot
I do not recall hearing about Marge...how long ago did she pass away (if that is what happened)?

Marge passed away October 21 2014. In her sleep, natural causes.

Thank you...I am sorry to hear this.
23 836 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" Reboot 07/18/20 12:53 AM
I do not recall hearing about Marge...how long ago did she pass away (if that is what happened)?

Marge passed away October 21 2014. In her sleep, natural causes.
23 836 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" Biggerfoot 07/17/20 11:22 PM
23 836 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" 07/17/20 09:27 PM

hmmm now you're temping me to come along for the ride
23 836 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" Reboot 07/17/20 09:07 PM
Are there updates for any of the other members from long ago? Yoyo52, Steveg, Carp, MacGizmo, etc? I know a couple have unfortunately passed away.

We havenít heard from Carp in ages, he used to be on Facebook, but the other three I see on Facebook every day. Macbeemer started an MCF alumni Facebook group. No politics of course. Basically Mac and tech questions and news and a little bit of chitchat. If youíre interested in it or on Facebook let me know Iíll send you an invitation. Off the top of my head thereís yoyo52, Steveg, MacGizmo, iRock, Lesh, Mike Sellers, Dr John, Acumochek, zwei, poly, NG4, MacBozo, Sleeve Tugger, Mississauga, ichi, lanovami, Pirate, Kate, Shooshie, Sean The flying spaghetti monster. Thereís 48 members from the past. Of course minus MrB, and Marge.
23 836 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" Lea 07/17/20 04:02 PM

Well, gentlemen, we knew it was coming. Still, here it is. I don't think I'd be ready for it if it took another 20 years. Yep, I'm crying a little bit.

Very. Heavy. Sigh.

OK - To you amazing collection of unforgettable MacDudes, Deep from this Heart in Texas -

Thank y'all for your strength and love when Jim died.
Thank y'all for putting up with SatNite Vids.
Thank y'all for indulging my Dog Love.
Thank y'all for making me a MacBabe.
Thank y'all for giving me an online home.
Thank y'all for all these years of friendship.
Thank y'all for being such a rockin' bunch of SOBs.

Adios, Sweet Amigos. I'm gonna miss y'all very, very much.

AllMyLoveLea

PS: Promise me this - Every time you bite into a big ol' sweet piece of cherry pie? Think of me wink

23 836 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" Biggerfoot 07/17/20 01:14 AM
SteveG moved about a hour south from me about 12 years ago and we briefly met and talked once or twice a few years later but that was it.

I wonder if Carp is still in Hawaii? I know JohnR made the trip!
23 836 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" 07/17/20 12:39 AM
I miss The Flying Spaghetti Monster too
Give my love to the Yoyo & Dr.Dave
I miss them & Polymerase like crazy
and dozens more that were bumped
off the forum for no earthly reason.
23 836 Read More
Re: "This Forum is Dying" Biggerfoot 07/16/20 11:31 PM
Are there updates for any of the other members from long ago? Yoyo52, Steveg, Carp, MacGizmo, etc? I know a couple have unfortunately passed away.
23 836 Read More
Re: First post Biggerfoot 07/16/20 11:26 PM
Thanks for doing that...those are a couple of names from the past for sure!
3 4,685 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2